Location : Johannesburg, South Africa
Job Type : Permanent
Heavy Earthmoving Equipment (HME) / Mining & Construction / OEM / Sales
Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
Job Code: 6381
Cowan South Africa is recruiting a Managing Director for this well-known international Original Equipment Manufacturer and Distributor of Heavy Earthmoving and Construction Equipment, Sales Division. Our client offers a comprehensive line-up of quality products and parts and reliable service to meet all of their clients’ needs.
Efficient Financial Management: Financial control of division. Control expenditure to ensure it does not exceed a percentage of sales if above budget and attain the targeted gross profit. Meet or exceed all service agreement performance indicators.
Grow a profitable business: Monitor & drive up service levels & ensure that company’s levels of customer relationships remain a top priority for all team members. Meet profitability targets as set by the company and prepare and implement a business plan that is aligned to the Group’s Sales Growth project. Identify areas of cost reduction and efficiency optimization.
Human resources, people and legal requirements: Drive a high-performance culture throughout the business through the promotion of teamwork & effective internal communication. Ensure that staff are capable and have the necessary skills and training as well as customer capabilities to build the brand, reduce waste, and improve efficiencies. Keep and maintain discipline in all team members.
Strategic Management: Create and maintain unit strategy, policy, processes, procedures, and standards aligned with group strategy. Establish, maintain, utilize systems and integrate with business processes e.g. IT, PM, QA, Financial, Operational, and Management.
Support the Group deliverables: Contribute to the Directors and Executive Committee discussions by presentation of concise papers exhibiting rigorous analysis. Action all Group Executive Committee (GEC) decisions on time. Achieve all GEC KPI’s on time and within budget. Meet deadlines for reports, reviews and returns.
• A South African citizen (non-negotiable) and preferably from a historically disadvantaged community
• Currently – or recently - in a similar role and willing to travel regularly
• Must have provable experience in running a profitable regional business and driving renewed market expansion initiatives and revenue growth. He or she should be bottom-line focused and a big picture visionary and an expert team coach and mentor
• Degree / Masters’ Degree in Business Management or equivalent proven experience
• Previous general management experience in a related field of at least 5 to 10 years
• General financial and business knowledge
• Must be a strong manager of people and their performance against set performance targets
• Ability to compile, implement & manage budgets
• Excellent communication skills, sales skills and report writing (both verbal & written are essential)
• Strong motivator/people skills and ability to negotiate at the highest level
• Must have good administrative skills & be computer literate
• Ability to analyse market trends & forecast future demand
• Knowledge of customer’s business, especially mining, quarrying and construction
All applications are confidential