Human Resource Manager
Job Code: 6512
Cowan South Africa is recruiting a Zambian citizen for a Human Resource Manager position with an international mining group. This is a site-based position and the incumbent will report to the General Manager. The incumbent will direct, guide and provide leadership to HR team in order to align HR to the overall direction of the organization. We are looking to recruit someone with a strong IR background.
• Formulate and implement HR policies and strategies to attract, develop, utilize and retain skilled and experienced manpower required to sustain operations.
• Develop and direct policies aimed at creating a healthy and safe working environment for employees, management and employees representatives.
• Provide guidance in development and interpretation of the company’s conditions of employment and services, including rules and regulations governing the same, in order to ensure consistency and fairness in their interpretation and application to ensure sound industrial relations
• Maintain and develop a sound manpower policy to enable the company recruit, develop and utilize right calibre persons and achieve business objectives as efficiently and cost effectively as possible.
• Plan and implement manpower and training programs aimed at equipping all levels of employees with the knowledge, skills, competences and aptitudes required to effectively and efficiently perform their duties.
• Monitor and control the implementation of competitive compensation/remuneration policies and within budget to attract skilled and experienced manpower. Compliance with statutory requirements on salaries.
• Represents Management in various collective bargaining and related negotiations providing necessary guidance to ensure deliberations and agreements conform to laid-down statutes.
• Ensures provision of the required services to company employees such as meals, company accommodation, medical services/treatment and recreational facilities.
• Enforce the company’s disciplinary and grievance procedure to ensure consistency and harmonious application of the same to boost staff morale.
• Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications
• Review HR policies in order to keep policies up to date with current internal and external trends
• A Zambian citizen
• Currently or recently employed in a similar role
• Master’s Degree in Social Science/Human Resources Management/MBA in Human Resources Management (Mandatory qualification) from a reputed institution
• Degree/diploma in Industrial relations/law (Optional qualification)
• 15 years’ work experience with at least 5 years’ experience at senior management level in a reputed organization
• Minimum five years’ experience in Mining industry as added advantage
• Paid up member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management
• Experience in handling complex IR issues
• Good computer skills
• Excellent analytical and evaluation skills
• Good command of both oral and written communication
• Possession of good leadership skills
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Knowledge of HR software will be added advantage
• Excellent knowledge of the current Zambian labour laws
• Knowledge of HR best practices
All applications are confidential