Job Type: Renewable Contract
Engineering / Open Pit Mining / Fixed Plant / Mobile Plant
Job Code: 6338
Cowan South Africa is recruiting an experienced Engineering Manager for this well-known mining company. Reporting to the General Manager, the incumbent will be responsible and accountable to ensure that Mobile and Fixed Plant operate optimally.
- Develop systems and process to train and develop staff
- Manages the Engineering team to ensure an efficient operation - to achieve & exceed operational targets.
- Responsible for Budgeting and Control in terms of all Engineering department costs.
- Develop and update reporting systems as required by business needs.
- Manage engineering activities according to company planning.
- Ensures best practices and principles to conform to standards, methods & procedures.
- Lead the team to improve current engineering processes.
- Currently or have recently been employed in a similar position
- Willing to work at a remote mining operation
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred
- 16+ years’ relevant experience in Mining Engineering
- 6+ years’ experience in mine management roles
- Experienced with Fixed and Mobile Plant Maintenance and a track record to show it
- Africa expat experience on remotes site would be preferred
- Proven leadership & communication skills
All applications are confidential